Monday 30 April 2018

General English: 5 Ways to Use "GET"


Hello friends Greetings, Welcome to my blog post we are going to learn 5 unique uses of Get.

Many times in English Language we come across sentences related to Get and we often fail to predict correct uses. Get is used for various purposes in English. It comes with different definition and meanings. After going through this post you will be able to use effectively in your language.



1.     Get is used to obtain or achieve something.
a)     I will get good marks in my final exams.
b)    Ram has got a new mobile.
c)     We will get good response from the audience.
d)    It is expected that you will get first division.
e)     She has got her reward.

2.     Get is used to express when we arrive or reach somewhere.
a)     My brother gets home after 9 pm.
b)    He will get here soon.
c)     She has got Delhi a while ago.
d)    When do you get office?
e)     Has he got there?

3.     Get also works as a verb when we don’t have any action verb to express thing where we just have adjective. In such case Get supplies the need of verb.
a)     I am getting late.
b)    She will get angry
c)     He has got fatty.
d)    Ram has got fever.
e)     He will get better soon.

In above 5 sentences we can see the use of get that works as a work, because late, angry, fatty, better work as adjectives in the sentences given above.

a)     We are getting better.
b)    She has got well
c)     Ram can get mad.
d)    I often get happy without any reasons.
e)     She often gets sad.

4.     To understand or figure out something, we can take the help of Get.
a)     I did not get what you just said.
b)    I don’t get his accent.
c)     Yes, i get what you say
d)     I got your point.
e)     Don’t get me wrong if I make a mistake.

5.     Get It done, it is a special structure in English to express when you cause someone do anything. In such case it works as a causative verb.

a)      I will get my shoes polished.
b)    She is getting her car repaired.
c)     They will get their work done soon.
d)    Sachin has got me selected in the team.
e)     I don’t get my clothes washed.
f)      He will get you killed.
g)     Who got you caught?
h)    She may get you trapped.
i)       Ram will get his house repaired soon.
j)       I don’t think so that she will get you failed.


No comments:

Post a Comment