Sunday 22 April 2018

IELTS Speaking Interview 10 March 2018 : Real Exam Questions : Model Answer



                  IELTS Speaking Interview 10 March 2018

We have asked a student about his speaking interview help on 10 March. We have recorded the questions asked to him. In this post we are going to cover the full test with model answer that may help you with your preparation.

Part-1

Are you student or working professional?

I am a student, pursuing a bachelor degree in mass communication, I work as a translator on weekends to gain experience and enhance my communication skills. This part time activity allows me to pay my bills and other academic expenses.

Do you meet people of different age group at your workplace?

Yes, On weekends I meet with different people from various age categories. The field of study and job offer me to mingle with people from various social and economic backgrounds as well. I interact with senior citizens, middle aged people and guys of my age group. It is really fascinating to talk and work with them.

When are the most productive throughout your day?

I am an early bird, I feel at my best from 5 am to 11 pm. I get full of beans and invest my energy to my study and work. When I wake up early in the morning I am full of energy, my heart is light and passionate about devoting myself to the works assigned to me.

What are some of the popular applications among the youth of your country?

There is hardly anything what cannot be done with the help of applications. There are many applications deployed for various purposes. Applications like, PayTM to pay every kinds of bills, BJYUS to learn various things expected to appear in competitive examinations, Hotstar to watch live streaming of cricket and other sports, Whatsapp to send and receive messages, make audio and video calls and many more apps are frequently used every day. 

Why are they so popular?

Applications I have mentioned play a major role in saving time, money and energy, before the advent of such applications we had to go to stores and electricity board to pay bills and make transactions. Development of application and easy to use features allow anyone to do the necessary things, we don’t need to go to make things happen physically, we can get it done with the help of any applications.

What features do you feel should be present but is still missing in these applications?

I feel that some applications are not that easy to use, there must be a language selection in every application that is deployed to perform different kind of tasks. Security features are compromised I would want that there must be updated version of applications used to pay bills and receive the money. It often comes to hear that the hackers easily exploit the security and still the money and disturb the setting.

If you were to make an application what would you build?

If I had to build an application it would be an educational app. This would cater to the syllabus related needs of students from different streams. As a student I have to look for many books and notes to study for examinations, if there is any application which help you prepare better and find every subject and topic in a single click I think that would be good. I would name it” Eduapp”. I would like to keep it updated and user-friendly. So it can be utilized by all students.

Part-2

Speak about a motivational story someone told you.

What the story was
What it was about.
How you us the moral of story
And explain how you found the story.

Model Answer:-

Storytelling is as old as human civilization. Almost every human being under the sun has heard a story through different modes of communication. My maternal grandmother would tell us lot of stories of the kings, queens, saints and dacoits to entertain us as well as build our life on values and morals. Couple of years before one of my friend’s father told me a story that really inspired me. I was hanging around in the part and coincidentally I met with his there. We took seats in a quiet place and start the conversation. We were talking generally but it went very deep. My friend’s father told me story of Adam and Goliath. He introduced me to the story through some examples like when something bigger than us appears in our life how should we react?

In the story a young boy Adam is a shapered rears the sheep and goats of his father. He has 6 more brothers working in the army of the kind of this country, he happened to be younger than among his brothers. There starts a war between Israelites and philistines, Soul the king of isreal and Adams brothers are in the battlefield to fight philistines. In the army of philistines there is 9 feet tall, well equipped, trained and ruthless warrior named Goliath to fight any of the Israelites with him. He shouts forty days and nights to fight, he even says that if he is defeated his whole nation would be the servants of isreal ,if any of the Israelites is defeated they have to serve philistines throughout the life.  Everyone in the army of Soul is terrified and trembling to see the size of the giant warrior. Suddenly Adam comes to the battlefield to ask the well-being of his brothers and the kings. When he inquires the whole scene over there.

He says that the giant can be defeated there. After talking the permission of the king and fights Goliath and hits him a stone on the head. And Goliath falls on the face he is behead with a sword by Adam. This story teaches me that we should not be out of mind and terrified to see the size of any problem. We can overcome it.  I found this story full of motivation that I would do my best on the face of worst circumstances. I can overcome any difficult situation confidently if I am not trembling and terrified.

Moral of the story fight, don’t give up unless the fight is over.

Part-3

Why do people get inspired to listening to stories?

Stories are full of examples and inspiration which we can apply in our life. People love learning through stories. Because it is easy to understand and execute in our lives. Almost every story directly speaks to your head, heart and soul. When you have all these 3 parts of yourself together you become inspired to take any actions. People find that in stories there have been people who achieved this and they can do that as well.

What way of storytelling is better verbally of with pictures? Why?

I think content and delivery of story is more important. I do agree that pictures are very useful to convey the heart of story in easy and effective manners. In my childhood I heard story from my grandmother and teachers. In school there were many stories told with the help of pictures. The pictures are out of mind but the moral is in my heart. For children, pictures are easy to grasp. I think both ways of storytelling play a vital role to convey the message.

Tell me the role of technology in storytelling?

I am of the opinion that there is a story behind everything. Weather it is good or bad. Technology has enabled us to access the different aspects of story. You can tell your story to the world in easy and effective manners, you can use electronic board and other equipments to reach larger crowd. Earlier people would tell and heart story for entertainment and instill the values among the growing generation. But technology availed us the benefits of generating revenue as well. If you deploy technology, your story can influence people around the world.

Do people often remember the values and lesson imparted by stories?

Many times I forget what I hear from other people though it is very important to me. it is very normal that we forget the lessons and moral told in the story. There are some stories which captivate your mind and imagination their influence is so deep. We don’t forget what we learn from such stories. Even we keep sharing stories which we enjoy. And Technology has played a great part to share the story and keep in mind for longer time

What are some of the alternative ways to inspire people?

Action speaks louder than words and examples are better than preaching. We are more inspired when we see other doing things. Actions and examples tell the whole story without uttering anything. Inspiration comes from what we experience not what we only hear. We may forget a story that we have heard but we cannot forget what we have experiences or seen people doing it.  There was a guy who started planting trees in my town to foster the greenery he was alone within in a month many more people joined him. Now it is like a movement to plant trees and water them regularly. Such things are effective alternatives to encourage folks around us.

We hope that the post is useful to you. Keep visiting The English Hunt for more lessons and coverage of Speaking topics.
Don’t forget to share with other learners.
Leave a Comment below about your learning.


5 top tips to score 7+ in speaking module


how reading  newspaper can help you improve your speaking and writing.


50 very important idioms for IELTS other competitive exams.


IELTS overview, tips and suggestion


IELTS Cambridge book -9 Speaking test 1



1 comment:

  1. Reading this article gave me many things to think about. You have some quality information here that any reader would enjoy. I share many of your views in this article.
    IELTS Coaching in Gurgaon

    ReplyDelete