Tuesday 8 May 2018

IELTS Speaking: Topic Communication, Vocabulary and Model Answer

IELTS Speaking: Topic Communication, Vocabulary and Model Answer

Communication

In this post we are going to learn some words and collocations useful for speaking about the topic communication, you know that in IELTS speaking we are often asked question regarding our communication methods. So this chapter will enable you to speak well and get good band score.

Useful vocabulary


Speak/talk face to face/ make a call/ receive a call

Verbal communication/ write a mail/

Written communication/

Talk/speak by phone/

Send a mail/ message/ word

Receive a call/message/ mail

Reply/ chat/ call up / revert

Social networking/

Electronic communication /

Send a fax/ receive a fax/

Fax machine/

Internet/

Landline phone/

Keep in touch/ get in touch/

Decrease distance/bring people close electronically/ save times and money

Giving opinions

- In my view, point of view says

- In my opinion,

- From my point of view,

- In my experience,

- As I see it, as I think

- Personally, I think …

- I believe / feel that …

- For me personally …

- As far as I’m concerned,

As we all know this/that

Part-2

Describe a conversation you had which was important to you.

You should say:

When the conversation took place
Who you had the conversation with
What the conversation was about
And explain why the conversation was important to you.


Model Answer:-
It is quite true that we almost do everything through talks and discussions. I am the one who prefers to discuss before doing anything. The last significant conversation I had, when I was in Delhi the Capital of India. The talk was very crucial for my career.

I was planning to learn digital marketing. I was invited to attend a seminar at Reddison Hotel Delhi. After the seminar I met with the host and had a deep conversation about digital marketing. I had some confusion about it. 

Earlier digital marketing was not regarded as a career. But for last five years it has gained momentum and become a lucrative career option.

People from all hues are attracted to it. I have come to hear that it is very helpful to your existing work. It may help you grow your business faster than other traditional ideas and resources.

I feel digital marketing can help me learn new skills and open the window of new opportunities. Some of my friends are working from home and making handsome amount of money.

Working from home allows ones to get in touch with family and take care of them.

I want to start a business in couple of years so this would assist me to take my business to new heights and do it in modern way.

I believe that I must be able to keep pace with the time and work smartly to run a business successful. The talk with the host brought clarity about the program and I enrolled there.

After the conversation I was able to make decision confidently.

Part-3

Discussion

What differences are there when using various channels of communication (face-to-face, telephone, writing)?

There are differences when we talk fact to face, on phone or by writing. Writing is one way communication we cannot assess what the reader has got from the piece of writing. Telephonic conversation can let us convey our message more effectively we can ask if our message has gone through or not. Face to face conversation is very reliable. It is two way communication, we can assure ourselves and other though this channel.

 To what extent do you think the media influences how people communicate with each other?

Gone are the days when people were able to convey their message to limited numbers of people. Media the forth pillar of society has enabled us to communicate with larger audience. We can send our message to cross border. These days we can communicate very easily and effectively. Media has greatly influenced the way we communicate

Do you think there are differences in the way men and women communicate?

Well. It is very interesting and bit difficult question for me. I think that men are designed to speak in straight and use limited words. Women are not like that they first around the main point and create and ideal atmosphere before speaking. Men are sometime supposed to be harass and rude when they talk but women are soft spoken. They can think while speaking this makes them a better communicator.

 Do you agree that education has a strong and positive effect on people’s ability to communicate effectively?

I must say that education plays part and parcel role in overall development of any person. Communication is a skill like other skills, it is to be honed and practiced. I have seen that people educate themselves so they can be better orators. We can learn the ways to communicate in better and easy ways so we can convey the message in unique forms.
What impact has the growth of technology had on the way people communicate and how do you think this will develop in the future?

Technology has made significant impact they we people communicate. We can now alternatives to communicate quickly. We can send out message via email, Skype, Whatsapp and so on. Earlier it was very difficult to communicate easily. Today technology has made us able to get in touch with the person sitting thousand miles away from us in a minute. In future the trend is going to gain momentum. We won’t have to spend much time and money to communicate.


Don’t forget to follow us.











No comments:

Post a Comment