Sunday 13 May 2018

IELTS Speaking:Cue Card: Describe a friend you have known for the longest time.



Hello IELTS Aspirants,
Hope you are doing great
In this post we are going to cover a Cue card which is very important and often asked in IELTS examinations.

Describe a friend you have known for the longest time.

You should say:-

When you first met
What you like about your friend
How often you see your friend
And say why this person is still your friend

Model Answer:-

It is true that friends are integral part of our life. We often make friends in school, collage and at workplace. I have made friends from all hues and I often make time to see them. Here I would like to talk about a friend who is still my best buddy. When I was in middle school that time I met with Rajesh Sharma. Earlier in the school I had no close friends there. Rajesh joined the class in the middle of academic session.

After couple of weeks of his enrollment in our class we started getting to know each other. We would often meet after the school and happen to be good and later best friends. There was a time when teachers would tell students of our friendship and academic performance.

Rajesh has been a down to earth and intelligent person, when we were studying in middle school, I was afraid of match, he helped me to clear some important concepts of math which were crucial to pass the board examination.

His speaking style was something that teachers and students admired a lot. Whenever I had any problem with any subjects I would approach him. He would explain in each and understandable manner.

There was a span of time we did not see each other. Fortunately we again started meeting and helping each other. We once started a small business and it grew more than our expectation.  Later we sold it. We have been together for many years.  I must say that this guy is a gem. We try every possible thing to maintain our friendship. We have been through hard time. I must say that he has been a great support in my life.

















No comments:

Post a Comment